Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Double Trouble!

We had our first ultrasound today and it was quite a surprise. We are having twins!!! As soon as I heard the technician ask my RE if this was an IVF cycle, I knew something was up! At first they couldn't decide if they saw 3 sacs or 2, but we're pretty sure it's only 2! The RE said we'll have to keep an eye on it. Ummm what?! I'm pretty confident there are only 2 though. We saw 2 clear sacs, 2 little babies, and 2 heartbeats! They didn't measure the beats per minute. My RE doesn't do that until about 9 weeks, but he said they looked really strong.
I do have a blood clot in my uterus. He wants me to be really careful with that to make sure it doesn't cause any issues. For now I'm not allowed to have sex, no exercise, no heavy lifting. Basically I go to work and come home and relax on the couch.
He also said my ovaries are about the size of grapefruits! No wonder I have cramps so often still. Those suckers are huge. Gotta love fertility drugs!
I will be going in for weekly ultrasounds for the next few weeks so we get to see our babies again on the 17th.
Here's a pic of our babies. I don't have a scanner at the moment so it's just a camera photo, but...:

2 comments: