Thursday, March 31, 2011

Heart Update!

I met with my cardiologist yesterday for my one year check up. Everything looked great, my echo was almost identical to last time. I am having some skipping in my heartbeats so they want to have me use a heart monitor for 24 hours to make sure it's nothing. It's probably related to stress (go figure!). Worst case scenario, I'd be put on beta blockers to slow down my heart. I really hope I don't have to do that, but we will see.
I also asked him about what he thought if I were to carry twins. Just in case we do IVF I thought I'd ask. He says twins would be fine, and he doesn't see a problem with me carrying them. He said to keep it at two though. He asked I not be the next Octomom! lol  So now I go back to see him when I get pregnant or in a year. I told him that he better be seeing me sooner than a year!
Now I'm just waiting for my period to come so I can get all my tests started. My body is teasing me by not spotting, but my temperature was down today so I know it's coming. I found out the bloodwork, ultrasound, and SHG test are going to cost us about $1,000. I thought it might be more so I guess it's a relief, although still a lot. I would like my future baby to know that he/she is already quite spoiled and costing mommy and daddy a fortune :) He/she will be completely worth every penny and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment